Minjuan Wang (Ph.D.)
Professor, Learning Design & Technology
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182-1182
(T)619.594.3878 (f)619.594.6376, firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Missouri-Columbia (Ph.D. in Information Science and Learning Technologies); The Pennsylvania State University (M.A. in Comparative Literature); Peking (Beijing) University (B.A. in Chinese Language and Literature; Archeology)
Research Interests and Grants
- Mobile cloud learning, immersive learning environment, & Augmented Reality & intelligent learning systems
- iLearning on iCampus (intelligent): an EBTIC initiative, British Telecom-Abu Dhabi
- Best practices in teaching large online or hybrid classes
- Designing teaching and learning for the Global audience
- Creating Online Tests and Course Materials for Foreign Languages, LARC
- Creative Science : Science Fiction Prototyping
Recent & upcoming conferences
- CO-Chair, TALE-iLRN in Australia (2018); SOFIEE 2019 in Morocco.
- Chair, SOFIEE in Rome (2018); Keynote Speaking, Sanya University (Hainan, 2018)
- Invited Speaking, iLRN conference (Portugal, 2017); Keynote Speaking in Lisbon (ADPSI); Keynote Speaking, ESEM conference (Guilin, 2017)
- Keynote speaking in CEEC (London, 2016); Advisory committee of OLCInnovate (New Orleans, 2016)
- Chair, Education Forum of 10th Intelligent Environments Conference (Shanghai, July 2014) and the SOFIEE Symposium in Prague (July, 2015); Publicity Chair of IE 16 (London);
- Keynote, Intelligent environment 2012 (Guanajuto, Mexico); Intelligent Campus Symposium 2012 (MaCau)
- Program host, China eLearning Forum & Expo (Beijing, 2013); International conference of emerging industry: cultural creative forum (chair & M.C.)
- Invited, IEEE seminar, UAE-Khalifa University (Jan. 2012): from classroom to cloud
- Organizer & EDTEC chair, Intelligent environment 2011 (U.K.) and 2010 (Malaysia); also the iCampus workshop
- Program committee, International Conference on Computer Supported Education 2011 (Netherlands), 2012 (Portugal), & 2013 (Germany)
- Invited Panelist, the California Council on Teacher Education (San Diego)
- Invited VIP speaker (mLearning), China Enterprise e-Learning Forum and Expo (2010, Beijing)
- Invited Presenter & session chair, International conference on Hybrid Learning (2010, Beijing), 2009 (Macau), 2008 (Hong kong)
- Program committee, Mobile learning 2011 (Beijing)
- Program committee, Creative Sciences 2011 (U.K.), and 2012
- Invited speaker, ICICT 08 (International Conference of Information and Communication Technology), Cario, Egypt
Major Publications copies available upon request (Scholar.google.com)
Results from Microsoft Academic Search
- Greenwood, A., & Wang, M. J. (2017). Augmented reality and mobile learning. Mobile learning in Higher Education: Challenges in Context.
- Wang, M. J. et al. (2017). Exploring the cultural dimensions of instructional design. Educational Media and Technology Yearbook.
- Wang, M. J., & Owsiany, N. (2016). Design principles for MOOCs. Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments 21.
- Novak, D., & Wang, M. J. (2015). Mobile literacies: Learning in the Mob. Encyclopedia of Mobile Phone Behaviors.
- Wang, M. J., Chen, Y., & Khan, M. (2014). Mobile cloud learning for higher education. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning.
- Teall, E., Wang, M. J., & Callaghan, V. (2013). A Synthesis of current mobile learning guidelines and frameworks. Internationl Journal on E-Learning.
- Wang, M. J. et al. (2011). Social presence in immersive 3D virtual learning environments, Advances in intelligent and soft computing, 92, 59-67.
- Callaghan, V., Shen, R. M., & Wang, M. J. (2008). A mixed reality teaching and learning environment. Lecture Notes in Computer science.
- Novak & Wang. (2011). Looking in, looking out: Augmented reality in mobile learning. (Book chapter)
- Machun, P. et al. (2012). Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and a new design framework: Mobiligogy. Intelligent Campus Symposium
- Wang, M. J. (2012). Message design for mobile learning. British Journal of Educational Technology.
- *Shen, R. M., Wang, M. J., Novak, D. (2009). Mobile Learning in a large blended computer science classroom: System function, pedagogies, and their impact on learning. IEEE Transactions on Education. (high-impact article)
- Rogers, P. C., & Wang, M. J. (2009). Cross-cultural issues in online learning. In P. Rogers, & G. Berg (Eds), Encyclopedia of Distance Learning (2nd ed), (pp. 527-536). PA: IGI publishing.
- Tan, L., & Wang, M. J. (2010). Best practices in teaching online or hybrid courses: A synthesis of principles. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Wang, M. J., & Shen, R. M. (2008). The impact of mobile Learning on student learning behaviors and performance. British Journal of Educational Technology.
- Shen, R. M., Wang, M. J., & Pan, X.Y. (2008). Increasing interactivity in blended classrooms through a cutting-edge mobile learning system. British Journal of Educational Technology.
- Wang, M. J.(2007). Designing engaging online courses for students of diverse cultural bakcgrounds. British Journal of Educational Technology.
- Wang, M. J. & Kang, M. (2006). Cybergogy of engaged learning through ICT: A framework for creating learner engagement. Book Chapter. Recognized as a new Instructional Design Model by EdutechWiki.
- Co-author of book--A Critical analysis of the U.S. Media. Beijing : Chinese Social Sciences Press, 1996. National bestseller in 1997 (China), reviewed and commented by Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, and CNN.
Life: Creative Writing, Flamenco (SDSU Smith Retical Hall, Guanajuanto Mexico)
Photos: Hometown Village |Beautiful China ||Micronesia 09 |
Photography: Pohnpei Double Rainbow; Magnificant Rome (published)
"Listen to and act on your inner wisdom, you are guided to a life beyond your wildest dreams."--Take Time for Your Life.
If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imaged, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours" --Henry David Thoreau